0788 228 4252 / 2284965
About Political Science Department
The department of Political Science was established in 1963 with under graduate course. To keep the lamp of education burning, post graduate course in Political Science was started in 1981-82.
Our mission is to provide a unique learning experience which enables the students to realize their potential and mould their overall personality. The vision of the department is to build a vibrant learning community with emphasis on a sound value system that would promote social responsibility & patriotism.
Presently the department has number of faculty member for class room teaching. The department has a dedicated team of faculty member who maintain academic excellence & ignite the mind of students to achieve a high standard of excellence.
The department has its own library as well as digital notes with reading room facility for PG students which is quite rich in collection of book [More than 1000] & research journals [More than 40]. The department also has Book bank [More than 50 books] for UG as well as PG students. The department has well equipped smart room UG & PG level students.
(a) Students Seminar – Student seminar are taken as an part of education to fulfill the basic requirement of internal assessment of PG students and also for promoting teaching ability as well as developing self confidence.
(b) Projects – Each semester all the students are divided into 5-6 small groups. Each group work on mini UG / PG level projects under the guidance of concerning teachers.
(c) Educational excursion – The department organized excursion trips and field visits to well acquaint the students to plants in their natural environment as well as practical knowledge of subject
(d) Guidance –Teachers of the department are always available for personal guidance to the students especially during their seminar preparation. Both the gender avail the facilities provided in the department equally.
(e) Involvement –Most of the faculty members of department are actively involved in various committees.
(f) Extra Curricular activities –Students are encouraged to participate in all co-curricular and curricular activities. Political Society of department organized various Competitive Activities like - Quiz, Rangoli, Drawing, Slogan etc. and winner of the each events.
Evaluative Report of The
Name of the Autonomous College : Kalyan Post Graduate College Bhilai Nagar Name of the
Department: Political Science
District : Durg State: Chhattisgarh
1. Year of establishment 1963
2. Name of Programmes offered-Bachelor of Arts and Master of Political Science
3. Number of Teaching Posts Sanctioned/Filled
4. Number of Students Enrolled
5. Number of Research Project : Dr. Manimekhla Shukla
6. Inter-institutional collaborative projects and associated grants received:
a) National collaboration : N/A
b) International collaboration : N/A
7. Department project funded by DST-(Dr. Vibha Singh) Jila Panchyat Rajnandgaon FIST,DBT ,UGC( Dr. Manimekhla Shukla) etc.
8. Special Smart Class Room sponsored by created industry or corporate bodies.
a) Number of Books with ISBN-81-89244-0307.
b) Number of citation index-rang/average : N/A
c) Number of Impact factor- range/average : N/a
d) Number of h-index : N/A
10. Details of patents and income generated: N/A
11. Areas of consultancy and income generated : N/A
12. Awards/recognitions received at the National and International level by:
a) Dr. Manimekhala Shukla - Global National Award for Social Service
b) Achieved international Award SAURYA PRAVAH (VISHES)
c) Achived international Award SAURYA PRAVAH (CHINMAYEE)
13. How many students have cleared Divil services and Defense Services examination NET, SET (SLET), GATE and other competitive examinations one
(a) Anu Verma cleared her Patwari Exam,
(b) Deepak Verma cleared SET (SLET) Exam: State Public Service Commission for the Post of Assistant Professor in Political Science Yes Yogendra Thakur
14. List of Doctoral, Post-Doctoral Students and Research Associates:
a) From the host institution/university:
b) From other institution /university:
15. Number of research scholars /Post-graduate students getting financial assistance from the University/State/Central :N/A
Kalyan Post Graduate College was established in the year 1963. It is managed by the Chhattisgarh Kalyan society which is a registered body. The object of starting Kalyan Post Graduate College was to cater to the need of higher education for employees of Kalyan Steel Plant, whose promotion was held up for want of degree education...