0788 228 4252 / 2284965
Name of the Autonomous College - Kalyan P.G. Autonomous College Name of the Department - English District- Durg State - Chhattisgarh Total Number of Departments in the institution – 22 Download PDF
Name of the Department
Year of Establishment
Names of programmes offered
1. English Literature – U.G. 2. English Literature – P.G. 3. Functional English- U.G.
Number of teaching posts Sanctioned/Filled
Number of students enrolled
Number of Research Projects: Total grants received
Mr. Anurag Pandey- (1) The Grapes of Wrath: The Forbidden “American Dream” (2) Nature and Sensibility in John Ernst Steinbeck’s “Tortilla Flat” Mr. Ashish Shrivastava (1) James Baldwin: An Ambassador of Reformation (2) Love in opposition to Racism in James Baldwin’s “If Beale Street Could Talk” Ms. Nidhi Tiwari (1) Homophobia and identity crisis in Shyam Selvadurai’s Funny Boy and The Hungry Ghost
NAME OF FACULTY
DR. M. KANNAMBAL
MR. ANURAG PANDEY
MR. ASHISH SHRIVASTAVA
MISS NIDHI TIWARI
LIST OF RESEARCH PAPERS
DR. M. KANNAMBAL – 05
(1) Dr. M. Kannambal – Fantasy in Saul Bellow’s novel “Henderson the Rain King” – July-September, 2012. ISSN – 097-6459. (2) Dr. M. Kannambal – Existentialism in Arun Joshi’s Novels- Sept.-Nov. 2012. ISSN 2278-3938 (3) Dr. M. Kannambal – Dalit Literature – Its Role and Philosophy, July-Sept. 2013. (4) Dr. M. Kannambal – Nehru- The Poet in Politics – ISSN 0972-9909 (5) Dr. M. Kannambal – Post Modernism in the novels of Salman Rushdie
MR. ANURAG PANDEY– 02 Research Paper
(1) Dr. Monika Singh and Mr. Anurag Pandey- The Grapes of Wrath: The Forbidden “American Dream”, The Context, Quarterly Journal of language, literary and cultural studies. Vol. 4, Issue-1, July, 2017
(2) Dr. Monika Singh and Mr. Anurag Pandey - Nature and Sensibility in John Ernst Steinbeck’s “Tortilla Flat”, LangLit, An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal, Vol. 4, Issue-1, August, 2017
MR. ASHISH SHRIVASTAVA – 02 Research Papers
(1) Dr. Monika Singh and Mr. Ashish Shrivastava- James Baldwin: An Ambassador of Reformation”, The Context, Quarterly Journal of language, literary and cultural studies. Vol. 4, Issue-1, July, 2017
(2) Dr. Monika Singh and Mr. Ashish Shrivastava - Love in opposition to Racism in James Baldwin’s “If Beale Street Could Talk”, LangLit, An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal, Vol. 4, Issue-1, August, 2017
MISS NIDHI TIWARI – 02 Research Papers
(1) Dr. Shiela Vijay and Ms. Nidhi Tiwari - Homophobia and identity crisis in Shyam Selvadurai’s Funny Boy and The Hungry Ghost, The Context, Quarterly Journal of language, literary and cultural studies. Vol. 4, Issue-1, July, 2017
(2) Dr. Shiela Vijay and Ms. Nidhi Tiwari - Depression, Anxiety and Fear among gay men in homophobic world, LangLit, An International Peer-Reviewed Open Access Journal Impact Factor - Range / Average – 6.66
MRS. ARUNA M. CHOUBEY
MS. NIDHI TIWARI
MS. EKTA BISHT
NAME OF BODIES
YEAR OF MEMBERSHIP
English Language Teachers’ Association of India (ELTAI)
MS. NIDHI TIWARI – 18 LECTURES
NAME OF EVENT
Certificate Course in Communicative Skills in English (Sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi)
1ST dECEMBER 2015 TO 29TH FEBRUARY-2016 (3 MONTHS)
Educational tour – Gitam University, Vishakhapatnam
04-02-2016 to 09-02-2016
Workshop on LSRW Skills in English Language (Sponsored by University Grants Commission, New Delhi)
02nd to 4th March, 2016
Workshop on “Enhancement of Communicative Skills”
13 jan. 2017
Educational Tour to Goa University
29 Jan. to 4 feb. 2017
Guest Lecture -2017
EVENTS ORGANIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
NAME OF ACTIVITY
Blood Donation Camp
Joy of Giving
25th Sep. to 15th Oct.
(1) Students of English Department organized a Blood Donation Camp for public benefit. (2) The joy of giving is a social campaign in which the students of department of English take initiatives and collect worn out clothes and goods, utensils not in use to recycle and donate to needy people. (3) English department organized A Special Programme “Mission Cleanliness - 2017” to clean the department and make a healthy environment for everyone and also planted many plants to maintain greenery as well as peaceful atmosphere.
UPGRADATION OF DEPARTMENT
Teachers as well as students normally consult the e-Books and digital notes.
The department has got 14 computers.
Projector is used in UG & PG classes as and when required.
Use of internet by postgraduate students.
The intercom facility was installed for quick transmission of information.
More than one types of Teaching methods used in the department
Kalyan Post Graduate College was established in the year 1963. It is managed by the Chhattisgarh Kalyan society which is a registered body. The object of starting Kalyan Post Graduate College was to cater to the need of higher education for employees of Kalyan Steel Plant, whose promotion was held up for want of degree education...